We are the good news we want to hear and see. We are also the bad news we tire of. We are the silliness, the lightness, and the positivity in the world. We are also its seriousness, heaviness, and negativity.
We are inherently attracted to drama, rubbernecking and gossiping. We are by nature political creatures, arguing to win, not necessarily to be on the side of the Simple Truth. These traits reflect us in how we talk, what we listen to, what we learn, how we relate, and how we feel.
So let us today begin and continue to make a conscious effort:
- To talk about the games we are playing, the food we are eating, and the travelling we are doing.
- To listen to the bittersweet final concerts of a Japanese rock group and a school idol group.
- To learn about the wonders of physics, rationality, and Bayes theorem.
- To relate to the dream fighter, the mad scientist, and the Sakamoto.
- To feel the magic of love the world delights in.
Let us be silly, light, and positive. We must turn away from spreading negativity, not because we are trying to forget and be ignorant of it, but because someone must be the healing for it. In this digital world, we are even more connected at the keyboard and through the camera. We can share our pain, but let us also share our healing. We can share our despair, but let us also share our hope. We can share our sadness, but let us also share our happiness. Though we might die, let us also remember that we must live.
For humanity is but a collection of single player life. A single light shining brightly can lead others through the darkness. Let us be and share that single light. Let us live, let live, and love live.